Monday, September 10, 2012

Decadent S'mores (aka "Syd S'mores")

Last summer my daughter-in-law showed me that vanilla cookies with a chocolate coating (like Keebler Fudge Stripes)  work well for s'mores, especially for small children.  So we tried it and they were really easy to handle and the kids loved them.  They didn't have the graham cracker flavor to them, but the chocolate and marshmallow is the best part for most people anyway.

So, let me tell you what I came up with this summer.  I found that they now make CHOCOLATE cookies with DARK CHOCOLATE covering, ooh-la-la.  Dark chocolate is my favorite chocolate, and nothing goes better with dark chocolate than raspberries, so........ yup we roasted marshmallows, put two fresh raspberries on a dark chocolate cookie and sandwiched the warm toasted marshmallow between them.  Your mouth is watering right now, isn't it?  It tastes so amazing, like an adult s'more. My grandson, Kobe, announced that they should be called Syd S'mores.

I got so excited about the results, I started thinking what else tastes good with chocolate anytime...peanut butter.  So I slabbed a little peanut butter on one cookie added another toasted marshmallow and another cookie.  Needless to say, I ate more s'mores that night than ever before.  You could even add strawberry jam and it would be a PB&J  s'more.  I haven't tried that one yet.

Let me know what combinations you can think of.  I'd love to hear your ideas.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment