Friday, October 19, 2012

Chocolate Glazed Almond Cake From a Mix?

Scrumptious, yet Simple

I'm always looking for ways to make great tasting, unique, yet simple to prepare foods.  This has been a cake week as we had a family birthday party and a friend's birthday and it was my turn to make the cakes.  

I'm not a fan of bakery cakes, their price nor their attitude towards my taste buds.  So I created this new cake with one of my new favorite products...Duncan Hines Amazing Glazes.  They are rich, and very fancy looking when used on a variety of desserts.   You microwave them and they pour out and spread and drip and cool into something quite remarkable looking for a relatively quick dessert.  They are great on ice cream as well.



Chocolate Glazed Almond Cake (From a mix!)

1 box white cake mix, fix as directed, using three whole eggs.
Add 2 tsps almond extract
Add 2 tblsp cocoa powder

Bake as directed, I used 3 9" pans because I like the look of a triple layer cake.
I also used three different frostings as I like variety.  Chocolate for between the layers, cream cheese (canned) for the sides and the chocolate glaze for the top.  It is quite fun to watch the warm glaze ooze from the center of the top layer, keep pouring until it begins to drip down the sides.
Adding whole almonds around the bottom edge gives a feel for the almond flavor inside.

So there you have a quick, but unique and quite fancy looking home cooked dessert.

ENJOY!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment